During the last year we have seen dramatic changes to how we live and work.
With many companies facilitating working from home there is an opportunity for businesses to offer lunch time movement classes for their staff.
Workplace wellness programmes can be of great benefit to employers. These programmes have been shown to:
- Increase networking and contact between employees and departments
- Boost company morale
- Improved relationships between staff and their employers
Mental health is a key issue for those working in these uncertain times. Pilates is a comprehensive movement practice which helps to improve the mind/ body connection.
There are very really benefits of physical activity for example:
- Workplace wellness programmes can reduce absenteeism by 42%.
- It has been found to reduced the risk of depression by up to 30%.
Pilates improves muscle tone, balance and joint flexibility. It is a whole body system which can help to reduce stress and tension.
Sitting at a desk for long periods of time can cause alignment issues and in turn affect the spine.
Focusing on Pilates basic principles of core stability and correct postural alignment can be of great benefit to your staff who do not have the 'ideal' set up of a desk, monitor and adjustable seating.
Many individuals are relying on laptops which can exacerbate poor posture.
Recent statistics show that:We spend on average 8.9 hours sitting a day
1 in 4 people do less than 30 mins of exercise per week
53% stress is the leading cause of long term absence
2.4billion cost to employers due to staff leaving jobs due to stress.
4.2 Million lost through work related back pain costing businesses 5 billion
I can provide a 6 week beginners course specifically tailored to help your employees improve their overall mobility.
Lunch time classes will concentrate specifically on mobilising the neck shoulders and back.
Courses can be tailored to suit your business size.
1:6 small group sessions where corrections and feedback are given through- out the session.
Alternatively you can live stream a session for up to 100 employees.
All lunch time classes will last 45mins.
Classes can be booked in 8 week blocks or as a 'one time only workshop'.
Currently I am in the process of designing a course which can be accessed by your clients. This will include exercise videos, articles on latest research and a full beginners programme of work to cover the fundamentals of Pilates.
- Single workshop for up to 100 employees 45 mins: £80
- Small group workshops: 6 members £60 per session
- One to Ones 45 mins: £35 p/h
- Currently I am in the process of designing a course which can be accessed by your clients. This will include exercise videos, articles on latest research and a full beginners programme of work to cover the fundamentals of Pilates.